This is one of my rough ideas, a movable color palette on a magnetic board. So you can play around little color blocks as you wish.
3. Swatch book
- I got the color swatch book of Behr paint from Home depot. It was 20 bucks online. But the swatch book is not necessary. You can cut any paper to slide into the magnetic label holder. I just enjoy the color swatch fan deck.
- It would be easier to use if the magnetic board is mounted on the wall. So you can sit back and watch the color palette from distance.
- I used to paint color blocks one by one on piece of paper in the old fashion way. But I soon found out that was not easy to adjust. With a magnetic board, I can put on some color blocks first then come back the next day to see if I like it. I can sort them in different groups, take one color out or add a new color. Once I am satisfied with my color palette, I just need to take a photo as reference then I can start playing with a new palette.
- Of course you can do this on tablet or smartphone app. It is easier for me to see the actual color on a piece of paper under normal day light.
- Again, this is a rough idea. You may refine it to suit your preference if it helps.